Friday 19 January 2007

ThisWeek

I suddenly realized I hadn't written a blog for a week. How time flies. We have survived two Thursdays of wind and rain without sustaining any damage, thank goodness. I have just got over a sinus infection, couldn't stand the head ache that went with it. Lets hope it never happens again. I have been out to lunch with my daughter and enjoyed it, its nice to see her face to face to talk. She came over the other evening and had a chat and a cup of tea so Hubby saw her also. I got into my car today and nothing happened when I turned the key. I noticed I had left the interior light on and hadn't used my car for 3 days. I will buy a new battery tomorrow when Hubby is with me. No more am I going to charge it up because it keeps running down so I reckon I need a new one. Talking of Hubby. Remember the Sat Nav episode, he came home from work yesterday and told me he couldn't get the screen to work. After dinner he had another look (with me counting to ten) at his suggestion we plugged it back into the computer and put the disc in. He pushed the re-set button still nothing happened, he assured me he had turned it on. By this time he was raising his voice to think he had broken it, he looked for the telephone number so he could phone for help. This time he allowed me to touch the Sat Nav (unusual) I pushed the button to switch it on and low and behold on came the screen. He hadn't been pushing the button for long enough. Calm restored. I have now got in touch with a friend of old and its nice to exchange memories with each other. As for my quilting, I am about to start a Clarice Cliff inspired wall hanging which I found in an old magazine. Once I get my car battery and can make it into the town to get it enlarged. I also bought a wavy edge ruler but then found out my rotary cutter is too big and so I will have to buy a smaller one. It sounds complicated to use but after a few cuts I am sure I will get the hang of it. I don't know if people are reading my blogs because I never get any comments it would be nice to find out. I will try to remember to blog more often. I blame my age.
LILY

No comments: