Thursday 4 January 2007

Well I seem to be getting better at finding my blog page most of the time. I installed Norton AntiVirus but it keeps telling me it is unknown and my virus protection is not switched on. I will have to have a word with my Daughters partner (he knows more than me). At the last entry I was telling you about Hubbys Sat Nav. We used it to go to Yarmouth but he reckoned he was going the shortest way, so all the way there she was trying to get us back to the starting point. Coming home was fine because she brought us home the way we went. I eventually printed off the soft-ware all one hundred and forty pages of it. I told him he had to buy my next cartridge for the printer. I doubt if he will ever use all the information but at least he has got it in black and white and I don't have to keep loading the disc so he can read it. The Daughter and her partner came over for dinner last night. I like making mid week roast dinners but last night was late dinner because it was not until 7pm.
The decorations are all packed away for another year. My sewing machine can now go back onto its trolley and my fabrics can come out of the cupboards. I have been piecing together a piece of work made with Hexagons. Some lady had started it and didn't want to finish it after many years being in her loft. It was given to the sewing group I go to and I offered to sew the remaining pieces to it, I am not quilting it, that should be another persons job, I don't know what is going to happen to it when its finished.
When Hubby came home from work he said he didn't know the people across the road were moving. We didn't even know that the house was for sale or rent. It could be the people moving out or people moving in. How times have changed, I am an ex-wife of the Air Force and when we moved to a new posting we were always greeted with a cup of tea or coffee. I have lived in this house for four years four months and I know my immediate neighbour and one across the road and that's as far as it goes. People do not try to meet their neighbours like they did years ago and its such a shame. My New Years resolution maybe should be to try to meet new people but I am a reserved sort of person but I will try even if it is only to say good morning when I see them. I do not work because I am disabled and generally only walk a few hundred yards to a row of shops to collect my daily paper some days I don't get that far and Hubby will go to collect it when he gets in from work.
Enough of my rambling. I am still waiting for help on how to attach a sleeve to a wall hanging. I looked in the links that people sent but they are not for a three inch sleeve.

LILY

1 comment:

Erica Spinks said...

Hi Lily,
I have posted hanging sleeve instructions for you on my blog - see the comments on http://creativedabbling.blogspot.com/2007/01/ooh-new-toy.html